Saturday, December 24, 2011
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
An Ordinary Mom's New Home
Please head over to www.anordinarymom.com and join us there! See you soon!
Friday, March 26, 2010
Back Up and Running, On Wordpress!
If you're seeing this at springvaleacademy.blogspot.com, it's time to head back over to www.anordinarymom.com ! It looks a bit different, ok a lot different, but we're working on it!
Hope to see you there soon!
Hope to see you there soon!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
A Nice Time for a Break
It seems that our web server had some sort of brain freeze. Mr. Extraordinary has been running on nearly empty for weeks with too much work and too little sleep, so it may take another day or two until we get it all figured out.
The children and I have been busy as well, it must be that spring is in the air phenomenon. As soon as we can get the server issues ironed out, I'll be back to share some pics of our recent adventures and then get on with new ones...
Have an excellent rest of your week!
Monday, March 8, 2010
Multitude Monday 301-310
301. a 10 yr old son's heart full of righteous indignation every time he reads of the persecution of believers in The Voice of the Martyrs newsletters, he sees the wrong and prays/pleads for what's right
302. a teenager who sees the sin and brokenness in our society in the daily headiness, and who understands the importance of strengthening his walk with Him if he is to navigate these treacherous waters
303. being able to be there (in spirit & prayer) for a dear sister in Christ going through the heartache of loss, as hard as such a thing is, I'm thankful that because of my own experiences I can have a deeper empathy for others as they walk through their dark valleys
304. tissue paper flowers, I'm sure it won't be long before I see them as clutter and toss them to make room for the next crafty decorations, but for now I'm thankful for the tissue paper flowers that signal our eager anticipation of spring
305. longer days with more sunshine, melting the layer of ice and snow that had crept over more and more of our driveway, our sidewalk, and my energy levels...
306. patches of old grass peeking through, and the sense of urgency to enjoy the last bits of cool air and wintry white stuff before the seasons really do change and we begin to grumble about the heat (and humidity!) and mosquitoes (our unofficial state bird)
307. 9 & 7 yr old girls that can brush their own hair yet will often still ask Mom for help with some braids or a sweet little bun
308. 5 & 3 yr old girls with many more years of needing & wanting help with hair, it's so nice to feel needed in such a simple way
309. a stack of good books
310. years of old pictures and the sweet laughs and giggles of children as they look back on themselves and their brothers and sisters and Mom and Dad, our lives together and our looks through the ages, I remind myself often- take more pictures!
It's overcast today- I notice how spoiled I've become by several days of sunshine, and I notice how obviously the lack of sun affects me. My tendency is to turn inward, to sigh deep sighs of something less than contentment, and to muddle through my dreary days, but I know that is far less than the best I can do. As a Mother, I strive to do better for my children's sake, and yet as a Christian I need to strive to do better for much more than my sake, an for far more than my children's sake. I need to, I can do, better for the sake of Him whose Name I claim. And so I turn my eyes to see my world in another light, in a light that sees my everything as something from Him, and something to be truly thankful for, and it's changing me. From the inside out, it's changing me in such a good way.
Labels: Multitude Monday