Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Hymn, My Savior First of All

Fanny J. Crosby, 1820-1915

When my life-work is ended and I cross the swelling tide,
When the bright and glorious morning I shall see,
I shall know my Redeemer when I reach the other side,
And His smile will be the first to welcome me.

(CHORUS)

I shall know Him, I shall know Him,

And redeemed by His side I shall
stand,

I shall know Him, I shall know Him,

By the print of the nails in His
hand.
Oh, the soul thrilling rapture when I view His blessèd face,
And the luster of His kindly beaming eye;
How my full heart will praise Him for the mercy, love and grace,
That prepare for me a mansion in the sky.
Chorus

Oh, the dear ones in glory, how they beckon me to come,
And our parting at the river I recall;
To the sweet vales of Eden they will sing my welcome home;
But I long to meet my Savior first of all.
Chorus
Through the gates to the city in a robe of spotless white,
He will lead me where no tears will ever fall;
In the glad song of ages I shall mingle with delight;
But I long to meet my Savior first of all.
Chorus
Oh, Lord, I do long to know you, to view your blessed face, to meet you when I reach the other side; but even now, Lord, I want to know you more and more each hour, I need to know you more and more each day. My desire is to put you- first of all. Help me, Lord, to live as though I truly believe that, not as 'a nice thought', but as the passion of my heart that drives my actions, my words, even my thoughts, day by day and hour by hour.
Thank you so very much, Lord, for your everlasting patience with me and your tender mercies given to me.
You are so good, so good to me,
ali

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Traci said...

AMEN!
thanks for posting this!
:D

October 5, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails