Friday, September 18, 2009

Making Me Smile 9.18.09

  • Making new friends at a new (to us) homeschool coop, and finding out one of them is someone I graduated high school with...!!
  • Looking through pictures of our recent historic fort field trip- I need to order prints and start working on our family homeschool yearbook right away this year! No more procrastinating on those!
  • Hearing about my son scoring his 1st 2 goals of the season, in the 1st game I couldn't make it to... (that one makes me a little bit bummed as well, but I'm choosing to focus on the good- he scored! Twice! Woohoo!)
  • Watching my little girls play cowboys, or rather, cowgirls, running around in fake leather vests with fringe and wearing my cowboy hat... There are a lot of people, with a lot of horses, around here, and my girls like to count horses as we drive around, and imagine they all belong on our ranch, except, we don't live on a ranch...
  • Watching Baby J feel, and try to eat, the tiny pebbles at the playground, after being released from the stroller to go exploring for the 1st time. It was the perfect opportunity for a little "no mouth" training!

  • The chickadees, nuthatches, and woodpeckers that crowd the feeder right outside out dining room window each day- even if they won't sit still enough for me to snap the perfect photo, or even a decent photo...
  • Stuffed animal monkeys, with velcro on their hands and feet, and Little M (2 yr old) wearing it every time Little Miss H (4 yr old) puts it down- they're so cute! Except maybe, when they fight over it, but that's just another opportunity for character training!
  • Hearing Big J work on his multiplication facts, knowing that his recall is getting better with every practice, and having the confidence that it will come naturally with enough repetition- enough is different for each child.
  • Hearing 2, 4, 6, 8, & 10 yr olds using Spanish words they've picked up (watching Dora!) Too bad I took 4 1/2 yrs of French, haha!
  • Cool evenings- I can finally get cozy in all of my favorite sweaters! (And start knitting some more!!)

Enjoying them,
because of Him-
ali

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Frizzy said...

Alison, Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. How did you find me? Your family is adorable!

September 19, 2009 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

Alison!!!

I was just looking at my blog when I realized there was a new comment on one of my posts....

Thanks so much for coming by! I really like to meet new people, and it was real fun browsing your blog!

I guess you like to knit, huh?? Lol! My almost 11 yr old Samantha is learning to knit and crochet. She crochets doll clothes for her Only Hearts Club girls. They're smaller than Barbies and much more pleasing! She loves it.....

Anyway, I'll be back.....Take care!

September 20, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails