Monday, February 22, 2010

Multitude Monday 281-290

281. releasing another several pounds of clutter

282. children who beg for more biscuits, some with sausage gravy, some with butter and jelly, some with butter and honey, some with peanut butter, some with just butter, all made with love and more helping hands

283. a week with more sunny days than overcast days

284. a good night's sleep for my husband and I, on the same night...

285. respiratory crud finally easing up again and making it through this round with only 1 ER visit and no hospitalizations for any asthmatics- I never thought I would be in a place to need to say that I'm thankful for months in a row without a hospital stay, but after the last 5 yrs, ever since our 5 yr old Hope was hospitalized with RSV at 6 weeks old, and the many hospitalizations that Grace and Hope have endured... now I'm in that place, and I'm thankful for every month without a hospital visit...

286. a husband who keeps encouraging me

287. personal character pruning, it hurts to go through, but I trust and love the Gardener

288. time spent holding a sister's new baby

289. a sister and brother-in-law buying their first home, not too far away, bringing the rest of my immediate family close together again (us, my parents, and now both of my sisters and their husbands, and of course their precious children, live within about 10 miles of each other!)

290. the urge to take down the snowflake decorations and start creating some springtime atmosphere in our home!


Labels:



7 Comments:

Blogger Camille said...

In complete agreement with you over the releasing of more clutter! Yaay!! And more sunny than cloudy days...a rare thing in these parts, but it happened this last week too! :) Joining in from the gratitude community...thanks for sharing your list.

Blessings,
Camille

February 22, 2010 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger Jessica Kramasz said...

I just love your Multitude Mondays. I t's so good to be aware of the little ways that we are blessed.

February 22, 2010 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Springtime is almost here! YAY!
I thought of you last night, my son has croup, and I thought about how hard it must be to have breathing issues be a repetitive thing. HORRAY for a hospital free month

February 22, 2010 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger Annesta said...

Ali,
#286 and #287...wow!
It is indeed a gift when the Gardner prunes us and clips off all those dead branches but oh, my does it pain! To know that He does it out of the abundance of His love is amazing.
And, an encouraging husband...a treasure to hang on to forever!
Blessings to you
Annesta

February 22, 2010 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Love your new blog.

I can't wait for spring!! I love days filled with sunshine but especially weeks when there are more sunny days than cloudy days.

Ruth

February 23, 2010 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Let'sMakeADifference said...

I also am ready to exchange the winter decorations for spring things...and I love getting rid of things that I don't really need!

February 24, 2010 at 3:08 PM  
Blogger MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

so many things to be thankful for. but your #289? wow, that would be a dream come true for me!

February 25, 2010 at 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails