Monday, September 21, 2009

Guess Who's 11 Months?!

I know it always sounds so cliche to say that "time flies", but it really does! I suppose that's why it's so cliche in the first place, because it's so true. So especially true when you're talking about a baby's first year, and this baby's first year is almost complete. Wow!
At 11 months, our Sweet Baby J-
  • has 10 teeth
  • has weaned and has learned to appreciate a bottle
  • speed crawls like a race car (seriously, he's given himself some hard-core rug burn on his wee little knees, I mean, his big boy knees)
  • pulls himself up using anything stable enough to hold him
  • likes to feed himself big people food, enough of the mushy stuff already! or so he says...
  • let's go of whatever he was hanging onto and stands unassisted quite well, until he realizes what he's doing, at which point he promptly, and with much coordination and skill, lowers himself to the ground and crawls quickly away
  • smiles HUGE full-face full-of-joy smiles
  • screeches like a screaming bird of some sort, we haven't quite identified what type, but it's a loud and screeching one...
  • prefers to have nothing on his feet, a preference he's going to have to overcome soon, with cold weather approaching in the soon to be frozen tundra we affectionately call Minnesnowta, I suppose I should be knitting some wool or alpaca baby socks right about now...

I know the next month will fly by just as fast, if not faster, than the last 11. I'm reminded daily- my oldest just recently turned 16!! Wow, that's all I can say about that one. Seriously, wow.

I'm cherishing the moments, taking lots of pictures, and even catching a few videos when I manage to remember that my point-and-shoot camera has video- I should remember that more often!

I thank the Lord for Baby J, and the 11 months of joy he has brought to us- looking forward to many more months, and years, with him, and the 6 other children we call our own. He has been good to us, so good indeed.

Enjoying them,
because of Him,
ali



3 Comments:

Anonymous Homeschooling6 said...

He is adorable. Love that first picture of him. Too cute!
Linda<><
www.homeschooling6.com

September 23, 2009 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I got so excited looking at the Fisher Price house (chalet??) he is playing with.

I LOVE OLD SCHOOL FISHER PRICE!!!!

My mom saved all of our "Fisher Price Things" as my sister and I called them and I get such a kick out of seeing my children play with them. Just the other day I came across a one-seater car that we used to fight over.

I am not a fan of the newer & bigger fisher price stuff, even though the characters are somewhat the same, it's not the same! Boo!

Ok now I sound like a weirdie.

Your son is adorable btw!

September 24, 2009 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Eeeeee! What a precious grin!!!

September 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails