Thursday, October 8, 2009

Partly Cloudy

I wasn't sure if the camera would be able to capture the awesome sky we had at a recent soccer game. When I probably should have been taking pictures of soccer players, especially the one that's mine, I was extremely distracted by this glorious sight. Years ago, one of my favorite ladies on this earth, once looked up at the sky on a cool fall evening gathering at our church, and said to her husband and children "Look at the beautiful picture the Lord painted for us in the sky?" and I was struck with how immediate and how natural her reaction was. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks- truly. Her heart was so filled with awe of God, the Creator, that her first thought upon looking up at that beautiful sight was a thought about He who created that sight, and about His motive- He did it for us, to remind us of Him, and to simply enjoy. I think I've thought of her, and my awesome God, every time I notice a painting in the sky ever since.
I love how you can see the rays coming out of the clouds. It was amazing. I was transfixed.

I snapped a few pics, and thought this one turned out pretty well, if I may say so myself, and it's my blog, so I can. Ok, it would've been better with a bit more of the treeline, but I was distracted by those beautiful rays.

I spent a few moments playing with the original in Photoshop. I've decided I like playing with color. A lot. Well, I already knew that, now I know it more.

I should probably teach my children how to do this. I can think of several children who abide under my roof who would love to learn this sort of thing. I should probably start soon.

We can call it art. They can all start some lovely little art & photography portfolios. That sounds like fun. I cannot even imagine how much more advanced digital photography and art could even get, but I'm sure such art & photography portfolios would be so sweet to look at years from now, when the pictures are fond memories.

Here's the original again, with the color saturation bumped up. Love it. Can't wait to play again!

Enjoying them-
because of Him,
ali

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Stover said...

that is beautiful! the sky is always so moving to me too. it does remind me of His presence more than anything else.

October 8, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails