Saturday, October 10, 2009

Many Hands Make Light Work


I sent the children off to tidy their rooms late yesterday morning. The timer was set for 15 minutes, one of my favorite new habits from flylady, and they were working hard to see who could get the cleanest room- the winners were promised a Sprite. Our children don't often get pop, so every now and then when a can is offered for a reward, it's actually quite an incentive for our poor, disadvantaged, high-fructose corn syrup deprived (ok, at least limited) offspring.

A few minutes into the cleaning, I began to hear what was, in my opinion, a little too much joy and merriment coming from the room with the 8, 6, & 4 yr old girls. There was some giggling, there was what sounded to me like some dancing and certainly some jumping around, and there was some singing- yes, I definitely heard singing.

I was about to suggest, sweetly & warmly, of course, that perhaps a little less goofing and a little more focus was in order- when I began to discern the words to the singing I was hearing. It was the voice of our 4 yr old, little Hopeful, and she was singing a little improv song about teamwork, about working together to get the job done, working together to clean up the room.
'You can pick up the dirty laundry,
and I can vacuum the floor,
we can work together,
it's called teamwor-or-or-or-ork'
Oh yeah, it was cute, she's a keeper, and the girls won today, in case you were wondering.

Enjoying them,
because of Him-
ali


2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie H said...

Popping over from The Blog Frog to say "hi". I too am from MN and live in a southern suburb.

October 15, 2009 at 7:30 AM  
Anonymous JanineK said...

Funny, I was coming to say the same thing as Jamie H!! Just wandered over here from MckMama's forum. I TOO am from MN, far western "suburb". Loving your blog, and I LOVE Flylady also! My SIL introduced her to me a long time ago and she's a gem!

October 16, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails