Monday, November 16, 2009

Kids Crack Me Up!

(blast from the past photo, our current 8 yr old, formerly 3...)
Recently, our just-turned-3 yr old, Mercy, has decided that everything that has a smell that she can smell, smells like cow poop, or in her toddler dialect, "smells like tow poop". It was pretty much cute and funny, at least it was until she told me I smelled "like tow poop". Yeah, then it got less funny, or at least less cute. This past Sunday afternoon, she was enjoying a very rich piece of dark chocolate cake when she very excitedly declared, "Mom, I like this tow poop take!"

One morning last week, when The Teenager emerged from the bathroom, 4 yr old Hope was apparently impressed with his look as she burst out "You put your hair in style! You put in jellyfish!" (Translation: You styled your hair. You put in gel.) We chuckled while The Teenager was like, "whatever", which made me chuckle some more. I'm sensitive and understanding like that.
A bit later, that same 4 yr old Hope came huffing and puffing (after tearing back and forth across the great room a dizzying number of times), to tell me "Mom, I was running faster than I could, without even shoes on!". No, there are no typos in that quote. My husband asked if she's speaking Engrish now, nope, I don't think it's quite that bad...

Our newly-turned-1 yr old son was put in a box, which was attached to 2 other boxes with string, all three of which were being pulled around the room by the 4, 6, & 8 yr old girls. He wasn't convinced it should be fun, in fact, he was starting to protest greatly, when 4 yr old Hope tried to reassure him with a tender and loving "Don't worry, you'll understand it when you're older." I really don't know if he will, honey.

You know how children say funny things, and we laugh until we're crying (it really can't only be my Mom and I that do that, right?) and then we say that famous line- "I really should write that one down."? Only, really, maybe one out of 10 of us, or worse, ever does? I have a few written down, in random places, always intending to start that kid-quote journal, but never actually doing it... Well, I'm at the computer a lot, and it's pretty quick to type them out, so lately I've been doing just that, and I think I'll try to make a regular thing out of it. Those could be famous last words, but we'll see. Our 4 yr old's been on a roll lately, and the newly-turned-3 yr old is coming into her own in the funny department, there is a lot of material here!

What funny things have your kids said lately?





Labels:



10 Comments:

Blogger j said...

these are so funny that i am at a loss for words right now. maybe its because i smell like two poop and have jellyfish in my hair!

November 17, 2009 at 12:38 AM  
Blogger Jamie H said...

Too cute! My 3 year old has a CD with the song "Proud To Be An American" on it. Now she sings "I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm three...."

November 17, 2009 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Keeslermom said...

As I was mopping the floor my son came in. I said "Don't come in with bare feet. You will slip and fall!" and he answered "Oh, mom! That's silly I don't have bear feet! Bear feet are furry!"

November 17, 2009 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Those are great! Love the Proud to Be an American lyrics too.

So the other night after my husband read a story to our 3-year-old, she turned to him and said, "I love you, Dad. Can you please leave?"

November 17, 2009 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Keep them coming ladies! It's simply priceless the way kids make us laugh!

November 17, 2009 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Jamie- that's too funny! I'm cracking up even more, because my 3 yr old can't say "three", it always comes out "free", so she could be trying to sing "where at least I know I'm three" and it would come out the way the song is intended to go...

November 17, 2009 at 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the way children talk...it is so cute! my four year old requests "pucceroni pizza". have a great tuesday!

November 17, 2009 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

Cute! I commented on the thread over at MckMama's BlogFrog community and wanted to come to your blog and read your kid quotes. Don't you love the things kids come up with? One more that I remembered...both my daughters (ages 4 and 2) ask for "Yucky Charms" (Lucky Charms) for breakfast and vanilla wafers are "Banana Wipers" to my 4 year old :)

November 17, 2009 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Hey, I'm so excited that you're following my blog - thank you!!

I can't think of anything funny that Jemimah has said recently, but yesterday's exchange between my 5yo nephew and his daddy is priceless:

Son: Why are they called houses, Dad?

Daddy: I don't know Kiddo.

Son: They should be called live-ers, cause people live in them...

November 19, 2009 at 5:04 AM  
Anonymous Brianne said...

My husband and I are always cracking up at the things our kids say. I actually do write some things down but I have been slacking lately. He is the one who is always like you need to go write this down, now! Hmmm...some funny things:

My daughter was talking to my husband and asking him a question. He must not have been paying attention and I was like hello she is talking to you. And my daughter said, daddy do you need glasses for you ears! He wear glasses(well contacts most of the time) and I guess she just assumed that is how you correct hearing too!!

November 19, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails