Monday, October 26, 2009

Sort of Like Musical Chairs

One of our local mailmen, no, really...

His name is Elvis, and he has left the building,
'cuz, you know, he's got mail to deliver...

Notice the curled lip? hehe...

Tonight there was a made-up game- there was singing and dancing, and quick sitting on the scattered blankets on the great room floor. There was a bit of confusion and some consternation, some 'not like that' and some 'no, do it like this!'

I slid onto the bench at the piano and started flipping through the hymnbook, and began playing, stopping randomly at very unexpected points in the music, judging by the laughter that would erupt as 4 little girls would realize they needed to sit fast, faster, and fastest! It was sweet, they went to bed singing, and maybe with a little bit of twirling...

These are the moments that just bless my heart.

Enjoying them,
because of Him-
ali
Yep, I realize the pics have nothing to do with musical whatever we were playing, but, you know, I every post needs a picture, or two, or three... and they cracked me up!


2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I have made all my girls cakes and that one was the best so far. Your pumpkin is awesome. We carved them this year and it was very messy and they are already rotted less than a week later. I don't think we will be carving them next year.

October 27, 2009 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Haha- I should've noted- this was outside the post office in town!

October 27, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails