Thursday, November 5, 2009

This Week at Co-op


Tuesday was co-op day again, and while the children worked on their speeches, chemistry, European geography, art, phys-ed, beginning sign language, and games, the Moms group was once again such a blessing.

We serve an awesome God. He is awesome, creator of all (John 1:3), and yet, He is a personal God, and He makes himself known to us in the everyday living of life. I love it when He does that.

This week's theme was about relationships, about being real with each other, about bearing each other's burdens. One of the goals for this group of Mothers is to be a support, and not just in the often-used-in-the-shallow-sense-of-the-word support. Our leaders' desires are that we could truly come together and lift each other up when we're down, that we could, and would, graciously and lovingly nudge one in the right direction if one of us starts to exhibit such a need, that we would encourage one another in our daily walk with the Lord, our walk with our husbands, our walk with our children, and our walk through the homeschooling life. Good stuff, I tell you.

I am reminded, once again (may I always heed the reminders!), of His interest in me, little old me. Yes, I'm just an ordinary mom, and yet, the God of the universe, the God who 'made the stars also' (Gen 1:16), reminds me of His love for me when things I've been dealing with, thoughts I've been mulling over, are confirmed in daily life, from a source who did not know yet what was going on in my head. He knew. He is so good. He humbles me.

The kids had fun, I had confirmation, it was a good time, then it was home for some Sloppy Joes, or as my girls like to call them Sloppy Jaloppies! (And salads, did you know salad tastes better when you get to put it on your own plate by your own self and pour your own salad dressing?! Who knew?!)









2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you have an awesome Co-Op group!

November 5, 2009 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

God is good! What a great group of moms to
have! I like those butterflies, very cute!

November 5, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails