Friday, November 20, 2009

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not...?

Oh yeah, he loves me.

My husband is not the overly sentimental type. Flowers are rare enough around here to still be very special, the potted fall mums he brought home a couple weeks ago brought me to tears, they were so unexpected, and so beautiful.

A few nights ago he came home with an "I got something for you." and handed me this Ghirardelli Intense Dark Twilight Delight chocolate bar. He has been listening and watching all these years. He does know me better than anyone else on earth. (Okay, I can think of several friends and family members that could've told you I have a deep and abiding love for dark chocolate, but right now I'm gushing on about my husband.)

He works hard. He works a lot. He loves his children, and he loves me, even after getting to know me and living with me all of these years. In this season of Thanks, I'm reminded of how thankful I am for my marriage. It's not perfect, no marriage this side of heaven is, but it's a gift from the Lord and I thank Him for it, I thank Him for him.

I'm pretty sure I'd feel the same way without the dark chocolates, but we don't need to test that theory this week.

In other news, after Day 3 of our Reading Marathon, our three oldest readers' totals are as follows:

Ian, The Teenager: 465 minutes
Jaron, the 10 yr old: 244 minutes
Liberty, the 8 yr old: 195 minutes

The reading continues today, amidst some cleaning and baking and general party preparations- Today is Grace's 7th birthday! Girlfriend party planned for tomorrow, so I'm scrambling for some party game ideas and supplies, because, you know, it's the day before and that's when I do things. Time to make the last-minute lists and scoot out the door for some shopping...!!






2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Kramasz said...

Dark chocolate - oh my he does love you!

November 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Kimberly @ RaisingOlives said...

My husband brought me home chicken livers tonight. Believe it or not, currently that is just as good as dark chocolate in my book. :)

November 23, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails