Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Hymn- Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not:
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

CHORUS
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided-
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

CHORUS

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide,
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow-
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

CHORUS

***
An all-time favorite of mine, to play, to sing, to hum, to pray...

He is faithful, His faithfulness is great- if only I could be half as faithful as He is.
There is no shadow of turning in Him- unlike in me. I turn far too much.

He changes not- I wish I could say the same for myself.
His compassions, they fail not- oh, how many times have my compassions failed? Too many times, I know it, and I'm not proud of it. If I want to become more like Him, I need to become more compassionate. I need to open up my cold heart to the warmth of His compassion, working in me and through me, today, and every day...

As He has been, He forever will be- He has, after all, been perfect and good from the beginning. I, on the other hand, have not. I was born a sinner, so far from perfect and good, and I am glad that as I have been I will not forever be. I am changing. I am a work in progress. One day I will be made perfect and complete in His presence. What a day that will be!
Here is one of my favorite versions of this song. If you like a relaxing and beautifully played hymn now and then (or all day) to relax and bless your soul, I really think you will enjoy this one!


Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon K. said...

Very nice. I am right with you...wish I could feel compassion all the time. Too often I don't.

March 1, 2010 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

i do adore that song and often catch myself singing it.

our pastor touched on faithfulness in his sermon last night, as did the many pastors that came down for our church's pastor training school the week before.

my heart's cry is that at the end of my race that God will find me FAITHFUL.

March 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails