Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 The Year to Get the Junk Out!!


This is gonna be my year! I don't even care if that's something everyone and their neighbor says every year, I'm still sayin' it!

My year to what? My year to break free from the bonds of clutter, to climb up and out from under the mountain of stuff that I have managed to accumulate (because 'we need it') and to hang on to it (because 'we may need it someday').

I have taken some babysteps over the past couple years and have seen some progress, but not enough. This year is going to be different, because it just is, and I'm hoping some of you will join me, because there truly is strength in numbers, right?

Saturdays will be The Great Declutter '10 posting day, or at least linking up day. Feel free to do your actual decluttering throughout the week, whenever the mood hits, whatever works for you and your family.

I will be describing what specific area I'm tackling, but please don't feel confined to work in the same area- you declutter where you need it most that day, or the spot that seems easiest to tackle that day/week, depending on your mood and/or energy level.
I have so many areas to tackle, but I have decided to start in my bedroom. One of my goals for the new year is to improve my marriage, to bring it up out of average, ok, even pretty good territory and into some real marital bliss! One of the ways I can begin to impact my life in that area is by transforming our bedroom into the warm and inviting sanctuary it can and should be.

I'll be starting in my closet, then moving on through my husband's closet. Clearing the clutter there should make it easier to put the things away that seem to continually pile up in every corner of our room. It is quite obvious to me that there is simply too much stuff in this room, and not enough organized space to neatly store the stuff that shouldn't be pitched. I have my work cut out for me, but i's important, and I know it will be so worth it!

This post was obviously written up as a before post. Next Saturday, I'll post some progress pics along with a Junk Out 2010 graphic/button (I'm still working on it!) for any and all who'd like to join in the fun. Well, facing our mountains of clutter, both physical and emotional, will not always be fun, but when we start seeing the progress, and start encouraging each other along, the fun will really start flowing (or whatever fun does)!

Another thought- I'm planning on doing my decluttering as early in the day as I can manage, leaving the rest of my Saturday for rest and fun with my family!




MckLinky Blog Hop

Labels:



6 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Sounds wonderful! Just yesterday, I made a list of every area in our home that needs to be decluttered...really long and most of our home! I already started in my office. It's amazing how much easier it is to work in there when I can find things like my desk! I will probably join in some...need ot get better with before pictures. Have a wonderful weekend. God bless - Holly

January 2, 2010 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Brandie said...

So going to join in. I don't have a post for today but I will certainly get one up next week!!

January 2, 2010 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I am definelty in. I recently decluttered one cablinet and theres plenty more to do...lol

January 2, 2010 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

I would like to join you next week as well with a post. This is a great idea. I don't usually like to make "New Year's Resolutions" but I have been thinking about ways to make my home a better haven in the near future. This may give me the motivation and accountability to continue. Thanks!

January 2, 2010 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Dixie Phillips said...

I am trying to declutter, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

January 2, 2010 at 9:34 PM  
Blogger Fancy Pants said...

This is my year to declutter too!! Thanks for the great post and inspiration :)

January 6, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails