Thursday, January 14, 2010

Random Thoughts and Throwing Up

Captivating title, eh?

(sorry, not for the faint at heart, nor the weak at stomach, continue reading at your own risk)

Having sickness, specifically gastro-intestinal sickness, in the house is so not fun. The sick one (or two, or three, or...) is miserable. The healthy ones are worried "Will I be next?". And I'm stuck cleaning up after most of it. Mr. Extraordinary has been known to help in extreme cases, especially in the night, which is hugely awesome as I'm not at my best in the night. I need sleep like a fish needs water. Well, ok, I suppose fish need water every waking and non-waking (do fish sleep?) moment, but it's almost that bad.

Recent random thoughts-
  • what do I do first? clean the child? my lap?! the floor?
  • ew! it has soaked through my skirt and is running down my leg!
  • impressive splash factor
  • awww, his 1st puke, at 14 months, not bad!
  • I suppose I should wipe down the computer
  • the smell of Lysol reminds me of puke
  • I'd rather smell bleach, it somehow smells cleaner, it just does
  • bleach smell reminds me of swimming
  • well, the legs of the chairs needed a good wiping down
  • this thing didn't work well anyway, right?
  • so I can just toss it rather than disinfect it, right?
  • why does my house only get this clean when someone pukes?
  • I'm kind of hungry, but what if I get sick?
  • at least I don't have to call in sick, I'm already at work
  • is it unfair that I don't get the day off when a child is sick?
  • what can I eat that I wouldn't mind seeing again later?
  • what can I feed them that I wouldn't mind cleaning up later?
  • I wonder who'll be next
  • I suppose I should be wearing gloves as I use all of this bleach
  • eh, gloves are overrated, and I don't know where they are
  • sheesh, it doesn't take long to fry my crazy sensitive skin this way
  • will garlic help?
  • it's been hours, do you think it was a fluke?
  • well, not the gross kind of fluke, yuck...
  • I wonder how many extra loads of laundry will be washed this week?
  • 3 yr old is refusing supper, she may be being finicky... or...
  • remember making Liberty eat when she was 3, and then she puked?
  • if she doesn't want supper, she doesn't need supper
  • hmm, he seems better, but clingy and lethargic
  • Dr. Mommy better keep an eye on this one
  • so far, the rest of the kids seem fine
  • I hope I didn't just jinx it
  • I don't even believe in jinxes, but I still hope I didn't
  • oh, my goodness, TWO new puppies?!
  • oh, fer cute! (Frozen Tundra colloquialism=how cute!)
  • I should sleep tonight, you never know what tomorrow may bring...



10 Comments:

Blogger *Jess* said...

aww! All these thoughts have gone through my head at various times, too! (hug). I hope you all feel better soon!

January 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you all feel better soon.....just reading this is making my stomach weak.

January 14, 2010 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger Scott S. said...

Hope all of you feel better soon. T and the kids just all got over being sick. At least you have a great guy to help, I usually am no help at all to T. Get well

January 14, 2010 at 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, I think I'll wait a little bit before I eat lunch, HA! Hope you all feel better soon.

Terri (the jelly lady)

January 14, 2010 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Betsy said...

Bleach DOES smell cleaner. I may keep that in mind the next time the pukies cycle through here. I used lysol last week trying to keep the baby and I from getting what my husband and step-kids had, and while it worked, the smell.... EW.

January 14, 2010 at 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope it doesn't spread!

I've thought quite a few of those before! And, why is it that the house only gets that clean when someone pukes or a toilet overflows? LOL

January 14, 2010 at 12:45 PM  
Anonymous Holly Neaton said...

I actually like the smell of bleach...I think it is just that it reminds me of clean. Hope everyone is on the mend and that no one else gets sick. God bless - Holly

January 14, 2010 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Ewwwwww! Hope you all feel better soon.

January 14, 2010 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

lol! "What can I eat that I don't mind seeing again?" Love it. . . well, not really. . . gross!! : )

January 14, 2010 at 6:40 PM  
Anonymous Kari said...

I'm really enjoying your blog. I just spent WAY too much time here....NEED TO BE doing other things! I'm a knitter too--off to enjoy your knitting blog.

kari

January 15, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails