Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I May Be a Cold Wimp...

It was 9:30 am, 45 minutes before we needed to leave for the day. It was 3 degrees outside, though according to weather.com, it felt like -9, great.


The previous nights' fire had not been rekindled in the early morning and the inside temp had dipped to 63. My hands were cold, my feet were cold, and the tip of my nose was cold, though judging by the number of bare feet running through the house, I'm a cold wimp.

The van ran for several minutes to warm up while we donned our coats, our hats, our mittens, and even our warm winter boots. We packed a few extras and a couple lap blankets, a snack and some water bottles, and we ventured out into the arctic air.

We're Minnesotans, it's what we do.


6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I don't see how you do it. I'm in Alabama and can't stand it when the temp goes below 50.

~Melissa
www.lifeasmelissa.blogspot.com

January 27, 2010 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

LOL I am too. I grew up in Chicago and northern WI and I hated the cold. I remember playing outside for the whole day when I was a kid and not feeling it. I swear it has gotten colder but really I think I have just gotten wimpier. Now I live near Kansas City and I am heat wimp. It's in the 90's for months sometimes. In WI we had one or two days and at least they were not back to back. I'd take the heat over the cold though. It very rarely gets below 20 here, usually stays right around freezing for most of the winter. I don't wear a coat half the time and people think I am super human in my tolerance for the cold! n reality, they just don't know what cold is. lol

January 27, 2010 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Sorry, this is unimaginable for this Aussie...

We're off for a swim!

January 27, 2010 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger myletterstoemily said...

oh my gosh, 7! i only have 5, and now feel like a very ordinary mom.

i would love your comments on my posts, since you have the most experience on the web...that i have found!

January 27, 2010 at 6:05 PM  
Blogger *Jess* said...

I would not be able to handle it!!

January 27, 2010 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Me said...

That makes 2 of us.

February 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails