Monday, January 18, 2010

Multitude Monday 201-210

201. puppies and all of the smiles and giggles they bring
202. boys to train the puppies
203. biscuits and sausage gravy for weekend breakfasts
204. the art of making gravy from scratch
205. baking shortbread
206. slowly, but surely, cleaning out the closets
207. buckets, bleach, and plenty of washcloths to clean and disinfect
208. a stomach bug that "isn't too bad"
209. overall health, despite the creeping crud
210. knowing this too shall pass, again
Having weeks like these, the weeks "when it rains, it pours", still processing the grief of loss, feeling helpless to do anything but stand by and clean up as children get sick, a Frozen Tundra winter dragging on and on, struggling with my sleep cycle turning upside down for yet another time, missing opportunities to get out and have some fun because of sickness... I could go on.
If I wanted to, and sometimes I do, I could find an awful lot to complain about. I'm thankful for the reminder from Ann, and through her, the reminder from Him, to instead look around me and count my blessings, because as overwhelming as life can seem sometimes due to all the things I could complain about, there is still so much to be thankful for.
Thank You, Lord. You are so good, so good to me.

Labels:



6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

LOL, I can totally relate to #208. I truly thank God when we have a not-too-bad stomach bug!

I love your list! Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Michelle

http://www.thinkingchristianfamily.blogspot.com

January 18, 2010 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

I'm excited to start this journey and have my first post up!
I have really enjoyed reading your posts too. My brain is starting to teem with ideas to share!

~traci :D

January 18, 2010 at 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love #204! That is something I pride myself on, especially as a southerner!

January 18, 2010 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love biscuits and sausage gravy! It took me a while to learn the art of gravy making, but well worth it!

January 18, 2010 at 5:22 PM  
Anonymous amanda said...

love your new banner! and yes, THOSE weeks are all too familiar. luckily, we've not had one in a while which of course means we're due. not a good thought :(

January 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger Brandie said...

I like the multitude meme cool. I also love your banner! Very nice I love simplicity.

January 19, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails