Thursday, January 28, 2010

Out of the Mouths of 3 Year Olds


A few of the things I never wanted to hear my 3 yr old say-

"Oh, Mom, I'm going to go potty on your lap"
"You smell like tow poop*, Mom"
*said like cow poop...

And the phrase that strikes fear into my squeamish heart-
"Oh, no, Mom, I'm gonna puke!"
Technically, she was still 2 when she told me I smelled like cow poop, excuse me, tow poop. I feel the need to explain to you that for some couple of weeks everything smelled liked cow poop. Well, wait, no it didn't, at least I'm pretty sure I didn't, but our property is surrounded by farmland, and there are certain times when a certain scent is in the air. It comes with the territory.

Okay, the puke announcements aren't really funny at the time, but I always end up laughing about it later... like an hour later, when my husband calls home to see how my day is going, or a day or two later, when I'm sharing the story with a sister or a friend from church. Eventually, even the puke proclamation tales are funny. I think they have to be, I mean it's laugh about them or break down and cry, right? I choose to laugh, it's better for me.

I laughed when Snapper, now 16, said something funny, I even remembered to write a few of them down. I chuckled when Quipper delighted us with amusing quips. Razzle and Dazzle entertained us with humorous little-speak for quite some time. I was pretty sure that Sparkler said the zaniest 3 and 4 yr old things ever in the history of funny kids. When Twinkler beamed "I like this tow poop cake!", I knew we were in for another couple years of entertainment.

With little Mr. Chipper only a sweet 15 months old, I'm sure we have plenty sillyness to look forward to, and that delights this Mother's heart.

Enjoy your children! Smile and laugh at the sillyness and remember those times when you feel lost in the serious.

Labels:



7 Comments:

Blogger Homeschooling6 said...

Oh, I miss having toddlers. Mine are 5.5yrs and up now. My how time goes by so fast.

January 28, 2010 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks for the reminder!

~Melissa

January 28, 2010 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Cute!

January 28, 2010 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Very cute!

January 28, 2010 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

My mom gave me some printed stationary sheets that read "Remember When [insert child's name here] Did..." with the rest of the paper blank, and a place to record the date on the bottom. I'm hoping to have those sheets bound into a book for my kids when they are grown.

January 28, 2010 at 5:27 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Out of the mouths of babes! Very sweet!

January 28, 2010 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's hilarious. I love it!

January 28, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails